Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Memoirs of a Geisha














I went out and saw 'Memoirs of a Geisha' last night at Melbourne Central. Over all it was a decent film. The cinematography was beautiful and there was some absolutely majestic scenery, like one scene where they are walking down narrow path with towering bamboo forest on either side.
I did find the story line a little disappointing however. It felt like just another love story. I would have like to see much more of the japanese culture and less of the girl pining for some old man. But thats just me. I was also a little disapointed to find that theyd used chinese actresses for the 2 leading roles. Surely japan has some acting talent to offer? Oh well.
After that i went round to Robot for a drink, but they were only playing Spirited Away which I'd already seen several times before. Still, it was a very nice little place to sit and chat.

2 Biting Commentaries:

Blogger Haley Exclaims...

Yeah I thought that to, I am not into love stories at all unless if it turns out all tragic, they are always a tad to predictable for me though I did like the movie.

2/15/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Braden Exclaims...

i was really quite disapointed about the hollywood happy ending (sorry anyone who hasnt seen it). It just didnt seen to fit the film.

2/15/2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home