Sunday, November 20, 2005

Costume completed!

I actually finished this project over a week ago, but iv been to lazy to post to. But im on holidays now so i make no apologies, so there. Anyway, here's what i did...

once the wire frames have been completely covered in 'feathers', i used a heat gun to bend shape 2 pieces of ridged PVC conduet and attached them to the top of the frames.














... Then i got a $5 op shop suit jacket onto which mum kindly sewed 2 button holes for the wings to slide into (she wont let me touch the sewing machine after last time)...














... Next I got my broken old school back pack and cut it in half so that it was only the straps connected to a rectangle of fabric. I got mum to sew on some loops and pockets for the pvc pipes to slide into. this would go under the jacket so that the wings slide through the holes in the jacket into the back pack.














Here how it looked when i put it all together. Having the pack on underneath meant that the jacket didnt quite fit, so i was unable to button it up with out looking like i was wearing a corset.














I also made a mask to go with the outfit but it looked so trashy that im not going to post it here. The wings were a hit at the party though. It was a small hall party so wear these giant wings made it particularly difficult to manuver around the place with out taking any one out. Luckly my friends were more than happy to make the occasional trip to the bar from me so it all worked out (thanks fellas!).

3 Biting Commentaries:

Blogger Cernunnos Exclaims...

Those wings are fucking sweet, I wouldn't mind a pair. Without the mask you don't really look like Harvey Birdman, just some sort of standard angel person. So yeah, post the mask.

11/21/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger liam Exclaims...

sleeek + elite: that's really cool-but yeah, you do look more like an angel then anything else

11/21/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger Victor D Exclaims...

I'm gonna make my wings...

3/14/2006 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home